First impressions count, but if you are unlucky enough to get to know that your first impressions were wrong, things would turn against you and you may lament it.
This is something you should be concerned about when finding the prospective people to boost your company’s standing. And when you are looking for that pool of candidates, it is not about following your heart, but rather, it is about following your mind and analytical skills.
Bear in mind that people you like may not be the ones who can rise to the occasion when they are put to a test.
So let’s take a look at what it takes for you, the employer of your company, to be able to scout for the right people.
1. Pen down and affirm the job description and requirements. You can prepare a draft of the description before confirming and disseminating it publicly.
2. NEVER insert physical traits as part of the requirements. Personal bias should always be abstained when setting the criteria for the prospective candidates. The traits should be determined based on the essential requirements of that particular job position and the tasks that would be assigned for the holder of the position.
3. Be upfront and inform the candidates of the company practices that they ought to take note of, and the expectations that you have set for them. This would in turn provide you the answer as to who is up to the challenge and would be able to adapt to the culture of your company.
4. Be assured of the criteria that you have set and do not let any other external factors ignite your doubts on those set of criteria.
5. After the interview process, rate the candidates with reference to the criteria. The one who fulfills all or most of them would have to be the utmost suitable candidate to fill up that job vacancy, and the one who will excel and probably exceed your expectations when given the tasks assigned.
The key to a company’s huge success is the team of staffs who will soar to the sky. So to all employers and personnel, treat this issue with high importance, because if you do, you will be guaranteed a taste of your fruits of labor.