Inter-marriage is a kind of marriage brought to a whole new level. Some may survive that level, but others may fall. An inter-marriage is established by two distinctive people with two distinctive kinds of lives.
They can be divergent in terms of race, culture, religion, family background and other things that make up their overall lifestyles.
In inter-marriage, the bar is being raised, and the challenge gets even bigger. Couples who are involved in inter-marriage do have the tendency to believe that they can pull through the marriage as long as they love and devote to each other.
But when it comes to love between two different people, there is more than meets the eye.
Ever wondered how some inter-married couples can further strengthen their bond and hold on close to each other, despite their inborn differences?
This is how it should work...
1. They would make time to learn and understand each other’s lifestyles by talking it out.
2. They would introduce each other to their families, so that they will get to experience first-hand how it is like living and communicating with their families.
3. They would give themselves some time to get used to each other’s life backgrounds. They do not feel the urgency to immerse into the marriage world, and will do so when they have completely adjusted to their lifestyle differences.
4. They would give and take. In marriage, it takes two hands to clap. This is all the more so in inter-marriages, where there should be a two-way communication between each other.
5. They would possess great belief in their marriage, even though they were brought up differently. They would cast aside their differences and set their minds to think that they are both human beings who have love for each other and that they are equal in each other’s eyes and hearts.
6. They would NEVER show signs of discrimination towards each other. They would open their hearts to be receptive of each other for who they are rather than what they are.
These attributes are the keys to a fulfilling inter-marriage. So to all the inter-married couples out there, never give up hope in upholding what you both shared.
Being an inter-married couple that can stick to each other against all odds is something respectable. Most of all, it is a major sign of true love between two totally different people.
Where there is a will, there is a way....