Love happens when two people set eyes on each other by fate and develop a bond that cannot be broken by anyone or anything, till death do them part.
But one would question sometimes whether or not you are fated to be with someone when your relationship is very much disapproved by others, particularly your parents.
Gaining your parents’ approval of your heart-to-heart connection with someone is truly a measure of how much you believe that true love will prevail. Some people may very well capitulate, thinking that they are never going to surpass their parents’ disapproval. Others would still find the way out no matter what and how long it takes.
A true believer of love would go all out to resolve such strains. A true believer of love would definitely read this article…
Here, we would like to share with you some of the steps you can take if you are in need of gaining approval from your parents about the person you love and the bond that both of you share.
1. Be truthful about your involvement with your partner and why you feel he or she is the right one for you. Find some useful ways for your partner and your parents to meet up and learn more about one another, in terms of lifestyle, hopes and dreams, and even likes and dislikes.
2. When parents disapprove of their child’s involvement with someone, they would have a heap load of things to say about him or her. Still, do not walk away from them. Be a good child to them and open your ears to what they have got to say about your partner. After all, you need not necessarily agree to their opinions.
3. Refrain from using provocations or threats against your parents. Sometimes you just need to understand that they have got nothing but love for you, and want nothing but the best for you. Try to be gentler in the way you convince them, and do it at your own pace. If your partner really loves you, he or she would not mind waiting for two or three more years, or rather, would not force you into marriage too fast.
4. Bring your parents along to go for a counseling session or workshop pertaining to premarital issues. In this way, they may feel a little more at ease after getting the assurance that you are aware of the negative impacts of loving someone such as early marriage or even pregnancy before marriage.
5. If the disapproval from your parents is causing you to think twice about your decision to marry someone, postpone it or cancel it. It is actually less upsetting to cancel the wedding than to file a divorce.
6. You may have managed to gain approval from them to marry the one you love, but that does not mean they have developed a liking for your partner. There is such a thing called disapproval after marriage. Therefore, you and your partner should discuss the limitations in the connection between the both of you and the both of them. This would less likely cause any further strains between you and them, as well as between you and your spouse.
7. You need not pressurize your partner to be present for your family outings or get-together sessions, but you should also ensure that your partner does not restrict you from being with your family. Your relationship with your family should never be broken no matter what.
8. Disapproval from your parents can lead to lack of trust and major contradictions between you and your partner. If it reaches that point, it is advisable for both of you to seek help from a marriage consultant.
It goes without saying how rough love can be when two important people in your life are not favorable of the person you want to build a life with. But then again, one may not understand and appreciate the true meaning of love if there are no obstacles that both of you need to overcome.
To those who are going through this rough patch of love, we truly understand and we hope you can take this as a test of how much you and your partner love each other.
Remember, love is about being there for each other not only through good times, but also, through bad times.